NDE Survivors

A forum for those who survived death and as well as being banned from NDERF or Near Death and Afterlife as well as for those who left of their own accord.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is everyone doing?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How is everyone doing? on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:30 am

I'm here at my desk, editing.

I know that you all are out there, so why isn't anyone posting? No Is it because we don't fight with one another? I mean on those other forums, we have plenty of antagonists. pirat

Umm, so anyway, I've been doing well, can't complain. Let's see, my youngest son just received an assistant researcher position at a University. He'll be researching nano-technology toward cancer cells. My maybe futute son-in-law will be flying out of here in a few days for a major interview with a new company. I'm sort of divided on that one, because if my daughter moves away with him, they take my grandson and I've had him since the day that he was born. Sad Husband is doing well. We have to attend the air force ball tomorrow evening. I don't want to go! I've been to so many of them, that I usually want to fall asleep in the middle of the speeches and ceremony. This week, my book is being reviewed by a major company in New York, and my stomach is tied in knots. So, I'd rather just stay up all night and edit, but I'll be going to bed soon, so I can look my best for the ball, I suppose. Well, at least it's something to dress up for, as around here, a clean pair of denims and you're ready for the evening. Laughing

View user profile

2 Re: How is everyone doing? on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:09 am

I'm doing fine. I've made a few posts. Just waiting for it to get busier.
I don't want to appear to be the only one posting, ala Ms. B.

View user profile

3 Re: How is everyone doing? on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Wow, it sure is dead around here. Helloooo, hellooo, helloo, hello,.. nice echo though.

Maybe we should look at this place as a blog until it gets going?

I've been just doing lots of research for my next science fiction novel. It's been really fun becoming these characters and knowing them on a very personal level. It's been said that writers are societies accepted schizophrenics. Laughing

I'd recommend that all you nders give it a try. You don't have to be known, you can just explore your hidden philosophies in worlds that you create (sound familiar? Cool )

Anyway, I've been recently talking to an agent that it currently reading the manuscript, and my stomach remains knotted. Just to give you an idea why it may be knotted, this is the same agency that discovered 'Tom Clancy' (my husband's favorite author). They also represent Isaac Asimov's estate and had on occassion represented Carl Sagan, and many many other celebrities, and I'm basically a nobody amongst billions of nobodys. A somebody to my family and friends of course, but that doesn't count in this type of industry. I can't even join the science fiction writers association, because I don't have at least three sales equaling a minimum of $250.00. Crying or Very sad

But, it's incredible that my manuscript was requested so soon, and by such an amazing agency. So, I'm happy in that respect. Very Happy

The air force ball was actually pretty interesting this year. They had the fifth chief master sergeant of the air force there, and he gave the best speech that I have ever heard in my life! He was truly incredible,so funny and not an ounce of stage fright. Sheesh, that's something that I've always wanted to do, to be able to stand in front of a gazillion people, like it was my living room. I've always shyed away from public attention.

Phone,.. gotta go.

View user profile

4 Re: How is everyone doing? on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:30 pm

I see that you guys are still fighting the fight over at near death. Smile

I'm a member at a couple of writers forums, and one of the members started a thread about homophobia in regard to young adult books. Also how a particular author related homosexuality with pedophilia. Anyway, the thread heated up, and someone mentioned the bible and how it was against pedophilia and that the bible was not against homosexuality. I then posted a couple of bible quotes that supported pedophilia and called homosexuality an abomination. My post was immediately removed. One of the members complained that I took it out of context, when all I did was put the quotes up verbatim. She also came at me and said what the verses "actually meant", which I then pointed out to her how she was wrong. My posts were again removed and her's remained. The moderator sent me a private message warning me, and then they removed the thread. I told the mods that I was quite surprised that on a writers forum that they were so biased, and that it reminded me of the removal of the adventures of Tom Sawyer, and seemed ironic to the freedom of speech or literature.

Anyway guys, it's wide spread in this country. They have been brainwashed, and they truly believe that we're the bad guys.

View user profile

5 Re: How is everyone doing? on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:14 am

Arguing with "christian" is always funny.
Whenever they get proven wrong by verses from the bible,
even those properly in context, they always resort to
"well you don't really understand what it really means", LoL.

I'm not fighting at near-death, just by being there, and saying a few things,
I'm pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of der furher and her minions. Laughing

View user profile

6 Re: How is everyone doing? on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:07 pm

It's sad that another NDE site has been taken over. Speech is then steered to reflect the agenda, and those of us that have actually had the experience are thrown into the vat of looney tunes. No

There was a self proclaimed "empath" ( made money for eight years on her scam) over at one of the writer's forums and I simply gave her the link to: James Randi's million dollar challenge. She came at me and told me that I obviously have had a bad experience with a psychic (I have never had any experience with a psychic), and I told her that she was "obviously not a very good empath" and my posts were removed, go figure? It's like people (well, some people) want to be fooled? They'd rather be driven then drive, and thereby shove the responsibilities over to anyone or thing else?

View user profile

7 Re: How is everyone doing? on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Yeah, I love the self-proclaimed whatevers. Laughing

View user profile

8 Re: How is everyone doing? on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:52 am

Thing is, they perhaps think that we offer existential angst? When in fact, it's quite the opposite.

View user profile

9 Re: How is everyone doing? on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:06 am

Well what do you expect, you and I have only had earth bound NDEs Laughing whatever that is supposed to mean.

View user profile

10 Re: How is everyone doing? on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:41 pm

This happened recently: My husband and a friend of his were hungry and my husband suggested a quick fix burrito place here in town. His friend who is Catholic said; “I’ll never go in there because last week they had pamphlets saying that there wasn’t a god”.

Nope, it wasn’t me that made those pamphlets. lol! But I thought to myself, ‘whoa, there are good guys in this town after all!’.

Anyway, so my husband said to his friend: “you’ll find out one day”, to which his friend said: “No, YOU’LL find out one day!” (threatening emphasis). See the difference there? My husband was saying that his friend will one day know the truth, and he came back with what holds them in their religion, fear. It’s a deep fear which reduces free will.

Heck, I can’t think of the philosopher’s name at the moment, but the guy that gave the example of standing on a cliff in regard to free will. We can choose to jump off or stay where we are, but at that moment of choice, we feel our will. A belief in a god seems to reduce that to an outside will over our own, and that imo defines insanity. It’s what steers many of us to believe that we are not responsible, except to that out side will that has been brainwashed into the individual.

Last edited by Cloe on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as usual, typo)

View user profile

11 Re: How is everyone doing? on Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:54 am

Well am doing fine , just book my flight to the Netherlands .
So I guess long overdue have been holding it off for couple months now.

Guess time to go see my mother who is suffering probaly won´t make it this year .
Well what to say ?
It is ok to die ? cause you be in a beter place without a physical wreck.
Or don´t say anything just say it will be fine .

Hard dilemma Rolling Eyes and no only sisters know I have NDE , didn´t want to worry my parents since they have there own problems.

Well anyway Cleo ,see no matter how troublesome things are , I keep on smiling Very Happy .

View user profile

12 Re: How is everyone doing? on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:00 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. My heart goes out to you.

I would tell her, especially now.

My family (including mom) know about my experience. My mother has supported me ever since it happened (43 years ago). I was raised atheist, and yet mom went out of her way to find me material on what I may have experienced (nothing much out there at the time). She was the one in fact that got heavily into nde books and called iands and paid for my membership. Laughing

Your mother may surprise you, in that mothers (good mothers) love their children and want the best for them. Because you have had this experience, it may in fact trigger her to find interest, because you are after all, her best interest.

View user profile

13 Re: How is everyone doing? on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:09 pm

Nah Cleo my mum is dying , and should infact go and die .

Woot harsh words , but sadly when a person have to change 3 times a week full blood change , and isn´t realy living , I say for one she should have the choice to make her own decision .

I for one had a talk with her , and yes she decided to stick around 5 years more cause of the childeren weddings etc .
But honestly the way she drains my positive energy , it is exhausting .
Sorry we all pay a price for letting somebody live too long .
But honestly sometimes we have to remind ourself , is it a price worth paying ?

View user profile

14 Re: How is everyone doing? on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:59 pm

IMO,.If it drains you, then don't see her anymore, and see how that feels, because that'll be it, a taste of how this world will be without her for you, even if that means draining you.

If she was a good mother, then I suggest you tell her so over and over again. Tell her everything you were never able to say to her. Tell her about your nde. Let her know how much you love her and how much you appreciate her. This may be the last time you'll be able to do so while she is in the body.

If she is suffering, tell her how you are suffering too. It's both of your moments for closure, and you are in a very special time if she is about to transition.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum